Skip to main content

Ten More Nights

Blogger:Miriam

Today we have ten nights left until the trip ends. We are at Riding Mountain National Park where, I am glad to say, we saw three more animals. The first we wished not too see. I was sitting in the tent when I heard someone running as fast as they could. Then I realized it was Lucy and she was going quicker then normal. When she came to the tent and caught her breath again she said
       “It’s a tick! It’s on my neck!” Mama saw it there and daddy went to go and get things to remove it. After we got it out we all checked our body’s for ticks to make sure nobody else had any.


That was yesterday. Today we were driving and we saw a black bear on the side of the road. We slowly drove by it but rolled down to windows first to take a picture of it. Mama and Daddy had already seen a bear on the trip but this was me and Lucy’s first time.


Then we went to a bison enclosure where we saw so many bison. They sat there at the edge of the road watching us as we slowly drove by. The big ones were so hairy and majestic and watched us with large eyes. Then there were the smaller ones that were with there mothers or lying on the grass. We drove through one more time and the bison were sitting down. I named one of them Mr. Majestic my bison buddy


(At the time of posting, we actually have only 8 nights left.)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Saying Goodbye to Winter

Wishing for warmer temperature (and more sunshine) is common this time of year. I really enjoy winter, but usually by March I have joined the 'complainers,' wishing away the cold dark days in favour of something else. I have only escaped winter three times in my life. When I was in elementary school my family drove south to Myrtle Beach for March Break. When I was a teenager my family spent a week in Disney World in November. Most recently, when our kids were younger (2012) we spent March Break at a house in the Bahamas with our good friends. This year marks the fourth time I have abandoned winter, but this time we are leaving it for good, not just for a week. On Thursday we are going to Cuba with some very dear friends of ours. It will be our first trip to a resort ever (maybe our only one ever!) and it marks the beginning of our adventures away from home this year. When we return from Cuba we will only have one day to pack and get organized before we leave on the big road ...

‘Ksan to Saskatoon

June 17, 2019 After leaving ‘Ksan campground we spent one night at Purden Lake Provincial Park (close to Prince George). Purden Lake was pretty but had tons of mosquitos. We struggled to survive dinner and campfire. Next we drove to Jasper National Park for 2 nights at Wabasso Campground. Regarding Jasper:  Wow, wow, wow! Beautiful. We went to hang out with the Knights at an H.I. (Hostels International) in the town of Jasper. Miriam almost exploded in anticipation of seeing Maya. The hostel itself is brand new and not even complete constructing. It is huge and offered plenty of kitchen and dining/lounging space for us to prepare dinner and eat it. It was a lovely reunion. The next morning we drove out and hiked Maligne Canyon with the Knights. I know we’ve seen several spectacular canyons on this trip but here was another one with its own beauty. We climbed to a nice lookout for lunch near Fifth Bridge. Here I showed the Knights our tapir figurine. Maya took him to play...

Almost time!

I can't wait in till the trip comes. It is creeping closer and closer and we are planing more and more as the days go on. We recently got a message saying that we are going to go on the fairy's that we wanted to. I don't know how I will feel so far away from home and for such a long time, but I know that it will be worth it to see all those things and experience moments that others might not. Their is so much ahead of me and it's all going through my head at once but once the trip starts it will hopefully lay out. All the places that we are going to and things that we will see are planed out now so we at least know where we are planing to go. For now we need to savor our moments with friends and keep packing and thinking of important items. This road trip is going to be the highlight for this year so it's best that we just sit back, and enjoy the ride.                             ...