Skip to main content

My 1st post


It’s been a week and this is the first time I’ve had a chance to have the iPad to myself to make a log entry. So, my thoughts:
It is amazing to be travelling with my family. We’ve seen so much already, but, more importantly we get to experience these things together. Some comments in not any particular order:
  1. Who’d a thought that The Shire was a real place? Well, it is and we got to go there. Sleeping in a hobbit house is something I can scratch off the bucket list.
  2. The accents of the Americans we’ve met so far have been awesome to listen to. With Southerners, I think the accent is such that the women speak in higher voices and the men in lower tones. I like the way the men say “Yeah”.
  3. Although I’m not a true country music fan, going to the Country Music Hall of Fame & Museum in Nashville was awesome. Even more awesome was the performance we saw at the Grand Ole Opry. Every performer paid tribute to the hallowed ground they were on. In case you didn’t know, the Grand Ole Opry stage has a wooden floor but there is a circle of old wood from the original Ryman theatre on which artists such as Hank Williams and Johnny Cash have performed going back to 1925.
  4. It was lovely to see Lucy and Miriam enjoy the Mammoth Cave tour. 
  5. Cloudland Canyon State Park is awesome. We’ve hiked along the bottom of the canyon and along the top. You should come sometime. The pics all look disappointing because they don’t convey the immense size.

That’s it for now. Oh yeah, every camping meal is more amazing then the last. Yesterday, as Amy and I made strawberry pancakes and Italian sausages for  breakfast while sipping tea we discussed the feelings of the food, including the Quebec maple syrup which has travelled with us. Food tastes soo good at camping.

Comments

  1. Your camping meals are always so delicious. Glad to hear that you are keeping the "gourmet camping" going Voych.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Saying Goodbye to Winter

Wishing for warmer temperature (and more sunshine) is common this time of year. I really enjoy winter, but usually by March I have joined the 'complainers,' wishing away the cold dark days in favour of something else. I have only escaped winter three times in my life. When I was in elementary school my family drove south to Myrtle Beach for March Break. When I was a teenager my family spent a week in Disney World in November. Most recently, when our kids were younger (2012) we spent March Break at a house in the Bahamas with our good friends. This year marks the fourth time I have abandoned winter, but this time we are leaving it for good, not just for a week. On Thursday we are going to Cuba with some very dear friends of ours. It will be our first trip to a resort ever (maybe our only one ever!) and it marks the beginning of our adventures away from home this year. When we return from Cuba we will only have one day to pack and get organized before we leave on the big road ...

Cloudland Canyon State Park

On Wednesday night we headed over to Forest Gully Farms where we stayed one night, in wonderful houses built in side hills. I don’t know much about The Hobbit, but I do know that the houses that we stayed in looked like Hobbit houses. There at Forest Gully Farms we met a very nice man who showed us around. We went to see some of there chickens, because we were told that we could hold them. After I had chased chickens around for awhile I caught a beautiful black one. Right now, after Forest Gully Farms we are staying at a wonderful campsite where there are wonderful hiking trails. Cloudland Canyon State Park is wonderful! So far we have been hiking every day. On the first day we started with a small hike but then it got bigger. Before we started heading back, because I was already really tired, my mom saw another waterfall that she wanted to see. To get there, you needed to go down, and to go down, you needed to take the stairs. So we went down the, approximately five hundred sta...

‘Ksan to Saskatoon

June 17, 2019 After leaving ‘Ksan campground we spent one night at Purden Lake Provincial Park (close to Prince George). Purden Lake was pretty but had tons of mosquitos. We struggled to survive dinner and campfire. Next we drove to Jasper National Park for 2 nights at Wabasso Campground. Regarding Jasper:  Wow, wow, wow! Beautiful. We went to hang out with the Knights at an H.I. (Hostels International) in the town of Jasper. Miriam almost exploded in anticipation of seeing Maya. The hostel itself is brand new and not even complete constructing. It is huge and offered plenty of kitchen and dining/lounging space for us to prepare dinner and eat it. It was a lovely reunion. The next morning we drove out and hiked Maligne Canyon with the Knights. I know we’ve seen several spectacular canyons on this trip but here was another one with its own beauty. We climbed to a nice lookout for lunch near Fifth Bridge. Here I showed the Knights our tapir figurine. Maya took him to play...